Monday, June 28, 2010

why is summer white

Why do songs about death make it easier to hang on to life? It gives me peace, not fear; so, why does listening to death songs make me think, "I can do this. Life isn't so hard."? The best dream I have ever had was a death dream. I die in a lot of my dreams, but the focus of this dream was death. It was incredible. I know I sound a bit creepy, but the feeling truly had very little to do with the content, I think. I will give it its own post after I finish writing this. Wathlae s nwe. I wrote a poem several days ago that is better than most of them. Still not very good, but I like it because I wrote it and I can remember my emotions while writing it.
Amazed, I watch an angel
Soar beneath the full, round moon
Carefree

White feathers shone, purely
Light, reflecting wholly
Iridescent

Silently she sang of
Peace beneath and above us
Ethereal

Earthbound caught I never
Realized until she flew
Flightless

Air and peaceful salt-
Water mingle in her hair
Flowing

Wordless (unnecessary)
She laughs, a sound like rain
Pealing (bells)

Pausing before a swooping
Dive, her garments purest sea-foam
Rippling

Constantly inconstant fay
Welcome unchanging sister
Eternal

Together our gazes are
Drawn inexorably up
Higher

The limitless barrier
Of deep blue with tiny keyholes
Vast

Pure, cerulean, cool, deep,
Light, washing, shifting, contrast
Surrounded

The hunter’s aim is true from
Where he hides in crooked brush
Faultless

Her unnatural broken
body stays only a moment
Wispy

Floating limply down from the
Air, she lands as white feathers
Crimson-streaked

I turn away as the man
Takes my angel, his goose, home
Dead

June 1, 2010

I did not realize my angel was a goose until the end. there are several mistakes in punctuation that I acknowledge but am too lazy to fix. (bells) should probably not be there, but am still undecided on which word to use. Why do I get depressed in the summer? Most people get depressed in the winter, and I love the warmth of summer, the green things, the blue sky. I will go talk to dad now. Today is white.
Surrounded by suffocating white
Burning into my retinas
The silence is audible
Pressing in all around
Blurring my vision
Bleaching my sight
Cut off and
Alone
Help

No comments:

Post a Comment